Residents' parking permits

Resident permit options

Applying for, renewing or amending your parking permit is easy – you don’t even need to leave your home.

For a fast and easy way to apply go online and use a Camden Account

How does a residents' parking permit work?

A residents' permit does not guarantee you a space to park in your street, however it does allow your vehicle to park at any time within the zone in which you live. These zones are called controlled parking zones (CPZs)

With an ePermit, you no longer need to display a physical permit in your vehicle. Instead civil enforcement officers will carry out permit checks using the vehicle registration mark.

If you are a motorcycle owner you will be required to apply for a residents' permit.

Car free housing

Camden has operated for some time now a number of car free housing schemes where, with the exception of disabled drivers, there is a no on-site or on-street parking permitted. These are referred to as S106 agreements which are written in to planning consents when new developments and redevelopments are agreed. This means that you will need to check your lease, freehold or tenancy/rental agreement before applying for a resident parking permit to make sure that your property is not subject to one of these restrictions as if you obtain a permit when you are not entitled to one and we later withdraw it we will not refund the remainder of the fee, this is outlined in the current terms and conditions. It is your responsibility as the applicant to make sure you are entitled to do so in line with the terms and conditions in force.

Save £10

If you renew online you'll save £10 on the price of your permit – please note this does not apply in cases where changes have been made to your account that require further approval.

This discount only applies to the emission based resident permit and not the resident electric vehicle and motorcycle permits.

Motor vehicle categories and tariffs

Camden operates an emission-based charging system for resident parking permits to reduce vehicle emissions and improve air quality across the borough.

If your vehicle was registered:

  • before 1 March 2001 – your tariff will be based on your vehicle's cylinder capacity (cc)
 Tariff  Cylinder Capacity (cc)
 Tariff 1
 Tariff 2
 Tariff 3
 Tariff 4

  • on or after 1 March 2001 – your tariff will be based on your vehicle's CO2 emissions (g/km)

 Tariff  CO2 emissions (g/km)
 Tariff 1
 Tariff 2
 Tariff 3
 Tariff 4

Was this information helpful?

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.