Clamps and removals
We do not undertake widespread clamping. We take a firm but fair approach and continue to take strong action against the minority of worst offenders.
We will only clamp vehicles under the following circumstances:
- persistent evaders, who cost the taxpayer thousands of pounds, with three or more repeatedly unpaid and unchallenged parking tickets
We continue to remove vehicles that are parked dangerously, or causing an obstruction.
We will remove vehicles from:
- disabled person parking bays
- car club bays
- any other specific use bays (such permit holder bays, pay and display bays etc)
- suspended bays
- pedestrian crossings and associated zigzags
- yellow lines during their hours of operation (this means at any time on double yellow lines and the hours of operation as displayed on signs for single yellow lines)
This is not an exhaustive list and there will be occasion when we need to remove vehicles from other locations for specific reasons.
Vehicle removal policy
Please read our vehicle removal policy for more information:
- Camden Council vehicle removal policy (PDF 51KB)
- What to do if your vehicle has been clamped or removed (PDF 251KB)