Swimming lessons and clubs
- To join a swimming lesson at your local Better leisure centre, just visit your nearest centre and speak to an advisor or book online
- Swimming lessons are continuous programmes, running weekly with a break at Christmas.
- Holiday crash courses normally run over 5 days within the same week with a lesson every day. Summer Crash Course swimming lessons 2015
- Concessionary prices available – contact your local centre for more information.
- Lessons are for all abilities: babies, toddlers, children and adults, including
Swiss Cottage Swimming Club runs competitive coaching groups for children aged
9+ and adults who have progressed beyond the lesson stage.
- For further information or contacts for other swimming groups in camden visit swimming lessons and clubs in Camden
27th-31st July, Kentish Town Sports Centre
3rd-7th August, Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre
10th-14th August, Pancras Square Leisure
17th-21st August, Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre
A Summer of Free Swimming
All the family can swim for free this summer. Free sessions for residents run weekdays
from 22 July to 28 August, 2-4pm, at our leisure centres*. Swim safely rules apply.
Please check local leisure centre programmes for conditions and availability.
*Please note: Pancras Square Leisure will run a women-only session each Thursdays
2-3pm & Fridays closed 2-3pm for Water Workout (see below). Admission to all sessions
listed cannot be guaranteed and is subject to pool availability and timetable on the
day. This offer is available to Camden residents only.
Kids for a quid
Kids can swim for as little as £1 during public swimming sessions from Monday to
Saturday throughout the year. This offer is for Camden residents under the age of
16. To take advantage of this offer under 16s must hold a valid Better pay and play
membership card. Membership cards can be purchased from any Better leisure centre
in the borough and proof of address will be required. The card costs from as little
as £2.70. Please note that the "Kids for a Quid" offer is available during
public swim sessions, subject to availability.
Free swimming for Camden residents under 16 years
Free swimming is available during the school holidays Monday to Saturday until
10am during public swimming sessions. To take advantage of this offer under 16s must
be a member of the centre. Joining is easy, just ask a member of staff at your local
leisure centre (joining fee applies).
Free swimming for Camden residents 60+
Free swimming is available for Camden residents aged 60+, weekdays 7am-12pm at our Better leisure centres. Residents should present their freedom pass or centre membership card to gain free admission.
Whether your goal is to get fit, lose weight or train for an event, SwimFit training session cards are available on poolside and provide fun and progressive training options. You can choose from one of 30 different SwimFit Activate cards.
Water workout classes
This fun water workout is led by an instructor and provides exercise to music in
water, suitable for all ages and abilities. Visit your local leisure centre or website
for class programme information. Booking is required.
Women only swimming sessions – available at each of the
Better leisure centres in Camden.
Swimming for people with disabilities