For information about how our libraries are changing, please visit the
Camden Future Libraries page.
From 10 January 2017 we are changing the way you use five of our libraries. Please check important news for Camden Library customers for more information.
All Camden libraries will return to usual opening times on Tuesday 3 January 2017. Library loans will take account of holiday closures.
Bank Holidays in 2017.
Good Friday 14 April
Easter Monday 17 April.
Libraries will not open on Easter Sunday.
Monday 1 May
Monday 29 May
Monday 29 August.
Usual library opening times apply outside of these closures and library loans will take account of them.
Your online library account
You don’t need to visit a library to reserve a book, film or DVD or to manage your
account or renew your library items. You can do this online:
- Join Camden libraries
your library loans – this explains our rules and policies
library loans online – direct from your library account (you will need your PIN
- Manage your library account- set up
preferences and alerts
- View the library catalogue and search for books, films and music
- Reserve a book, DVD or CD (you will need to log in first and have your PIN number)
Camden Libraries are members
of the SELMS library partnership, which means that joining us gives you the benefit
of their resources. You can reserve, return and borrow books from SELMS library authorities
using your Camden library card. Find
out more on their policies and entitlements.
There’s a wide variety of online information available from our digital
library pages. Much of this you would normally have to pay for. It can
be accessed online for free if you have a Camden library card.
- Download free ebooks
- Read ebooks in your browser
- Online reference information – a range of information resources you would normally pay for, but which are free with your library card
- Online newspapers
- Online magazines
Hire a Library Space
- Download: all libraries room booking information sheet (PDF) and library booking sheet (PDF 72 KB)
Did you know you can hire our libraries and library rooms managed by Camden Council for events and activities? Events include seminars, workshops, meetings, children’s parties, social gatherings, exhibitions and more. Restrictions apply on time of use.
Email the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7974 5633.
For information about prices, see below:
More information on our services
- Library services for children and young people
libraries can help you get back into work
on prescription – helps you to feel well by reading
- Information on borrowing and charges
- Bookmark your library
- Love Camden