What are children's centres and why should you register?
Children's centre services are for all families living in Camden who are expecting a child or already have children under five.
There are 14 children's centres across Camden, all offering nursery and childcare places and providing other services close to where you live.
When you register we will contact you with information about all our services and email or post you information about what is going on in your local area with a regular newsletter.
Where's my nearest children's centre
- download: Euston children’s centre services drop-in leaflet (PDF 490KB)
- download: Kentish Town East children’s centre services drop-in leaflet (PDF 485KB)
- download: Kentish Town West children’s centre services drop-in leaflet (PDF 490KB)
- download: Kilburn children’s centre services drop-in leaflet (PDF 485KB)
- download: King's Cross/Holborn children’s centre services drop-in leaflet (PDF 500KB)
What's on in children's centres
Family support service
Our family support teams are based in five of our children's centres. They offer a range of support such as parenting classes, can visit you in your own home and help you access the services you need. Our family support teams have access to interpreters.
Health advice and services
- Feeding your baby (baby feeding and weaning support)
- Health visiting
- Speech and language therapy
- Healthy eating sessions (healthy eating advice)
- Emotional support
Information and advice
- Jobs, training and careers advice, with one-to-one support to help you find work.
- Housing and benefits advice as well as links with other departments in the council.
- Support and information for disabled parents and parents with children who have special educational needs and disabilities.
Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Some of our activities, such as drop-ins, are provided for children with SEND and other activities are available for disabled parents and carers. Please download a timetable of the activities we provide (see previous entry).
Activities - get involved in your community
As well as opportunities to get involved in volunteering and developing your skills, join us on a children's centre advisory board. The boards meet regularly and are for parents and local organisations to help us run children's centres across Camden. Your views and involvement are important to us.