Skip navigation

NewsAccessibility

Adelaide Local Nature Reserve

History

The site has been a nature reserve since 1984. It was co-founded by Ursula Granville and there is a plaque to commemorate her. The land is owned by Network Rail, who lease it to the London borough of Camden for use as a nature reserve.

Stephenson’s railway tunnel can be seen nearby. When built in 1837 this was one of the engineering wonders of the world.  Prior to 1837 Chalk Farm was a rural farming area.

View map of the location