Important news for Camden Library Customers from January 2017
Important news for library customers
If you use the following libraries:
- Camden Town
- Kentish Town
- Queens Crescent
- West Hampstead
From 10 January you will need to use your library card to gain entry to these libraries
from the usual opening times to 12 noon Monday to Saturday.
You will need your PIN number.
How to use the open access system
• Place your card in the slot on the post outside the library door.
• Enter your four digit PIN number (this can be found on your account).
• The door will then open.
• Please don’t hold the doors open and please don’t give your card to anyone else.
The system is designed to let us know who is in the building at any given time and for your safety and security during times when there are fewer staff members.
Library staff will update your account so that you can use the swipe entry point. This new procedure will apply to all library customers.
- You need to take your card to an enquiry point and ask library staff to enable
- Please make sure that you know your PIN. If you have forgotten it staff can tell
you, but you must produce proof of ID.
If you have any questions please ask the staff. There is a leaflet available which explains the changes in more detail.