Swiss Cottage Gallery
A Winter Selection from the Camden Collection
2 December - 13 January 2014
Swiss Cottage gallery presents works from Camden’s art collection.
Among the selection are a number of winter landscapes - perhaps the most dramatic of seasonal changes. Other works on display have a more indirect association with this time of year. Particular colour combinations or rhythm of shapes reference the perennial themes associated with the winter season .
The works on display range from vibrant market scenes to domestic interiors through to abstract works, portraits and landscapes, giving a snapshot of the range of works held within the collection.
The exhibition aims to provide a space for reflection and contemplation during one of the busiest times of year.
A number of free workshops will be programmed as a part of this exhibition and will be advertised on this website, in the gallery and throughout the library.
Swiss Cottage Library
88 Avenue Rd
Images Used from Camden's Collection
Title of Work: The Snow Quilt
Artist: Phil Greenwood
Copyright courtesy of the artist
Title of work: Fish-Fish
Artist: Kate Corder
Medium: Lithograph (6/7)
Copyright courtesy of the copyright holder
The Gallery programme
- Solo exhibitions by artists living and working in the borough area- and beyond- reflecting the contemporary visual arts community of Camden and the visual art and design institutions in the borough. Email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibitions that draw attentions to the artistic history of Camden and artists that have lived or worked in the borough
- Annual Architecture exhibition usually coinciding for Architecture Week
- Annual Young Persons exhibition
- One exhibition every twelve months profiling a community group or artists association working in the borough
Swiss Cottage Gallery policy and guidance
For more information
Page last updated Dec 2, 2013 1:33 PM
Today I want to...
- Museum Mile
- Film Office
- Contact arts and tourism
- Visit London
- Swiss Cottage Gallery
- Arts Council England
- Love Camden