Housing allocation scheme
Review of Camden's Housing Allocation Scheme
By law, we must explain in writing who can apply for social housing and who gets priority. We also must show who qualifies to join the housing register and how we make sure the people in the greatest need are housed. We do this through our Housing Allocation Scheme. The law says we can give priority to certain groups, like overcrowded households, but we have to make sure our scheme works in a fair and balanced way.
You can find our current allocations scheme and other relevant documents to the right of this page.
We are reviewing how we allocate social housing in our borough. We last consulted about this in early 2013 and as a result Cabinet approved some interim changes in October 2013 and also agreed on the principles that should be taken into account when introducing a replacement scheme.
We have now produced a draft new scheme. On 17th December 2014 Cabinet agreed that we can consult about this and go on to produce a final version to be brought back to Cabinet in June 2015.
Page last updated Jan 22, 2015 3:05 PM
Today I want to...
Apply for services
Make payments online
Request services online
- Full Housing Allocation Scheme
- Proposed draft housing allocation scheme for consultation
- Cabinet report on proposed draft housing allocation scheme - December 2014
- List of proposed changes to housing allocation scheme
- Equalities Impact Assessment - proposed housing allocation scheme
- Housing allocation scheme consultation information
- Kings Cross central local lettings plan
- One Housing Group bedroom standard
- Home connections
- Contact the housing strategy unit
- Housing options and advice
- Tell us about your change of address