Apply for social housing
We only allocate around 1,000 properties each year and we cannot offer a council
home to most people who apply. Demand outstrips supply and only those who have very
significant housing needs are
ever likely to secure council accommodation.
You are strongly advised to consider all your options for your future housing and we can provide information and advice on the alternatives available to you. Please see housing options for further details.
The housing application form should take up to 30 minutes to complete, depending on your circumstances.
Please note that you will not be able to save your application and come back to it, so before you start make sure that you have:
- Details of ALL your addresses and post codes for the last 7 years.
- The full name and date of birth of everyone you want to include on your application.
- Information about the immigration status of everyone you want to include on your application.
- Details about your income and savings.
- Details of any medical conditions or disabilities.
- Expected due dates of expectant mothers.
Please select the appropriate link below to start
View the video below for extra guidance