Real nappies - save £500, protect the environment
Did you know…
- By the time your child is potty trained they could have been through as many as 4000 nappy changes?
- And that each disposable nappy can take up to 500 years to biodegrade? This has a significant impact on the environment, with 90% of disposable nappies ending up in landfill.
- Used responsibly, reusable real nappies not only offer a healthier alternative for the environment and your baby; they can also save you a substantial amount of money compared to disposables.
Free £54 voucher
We have joined the Real Nappies for London (RNfL) vouchers initiative, to help you enjoy the benefits of trying real nappies while avoiding the initial expense of buying them.
Camden parents can now apply online to receive a free £54 voucher which can be used to buy real nappies from registered businesses.
Don't worry if you don't know much about real cloth nappies, all vouchers come with an informative booklet explaining how they work and where the vouchers can be spent.
Five great reasons to switch to real nappies
- Easy to use: As a new parent it often takes a while to get the hang of putting on a disposable nappy. Real nappies are fastened using Velcro and poppers making them both quick and easy to fit.
- Comfortable: Available in a range of soft natural materials including cotton, bamboo, microfibre and hemp, which are designed to be kind to your child’s skin.
- Reusable: They can be washed in your machine, therefore using less energy, reducing your household waste and lowering your carbon foot print - washing reusable nappies
- Environmentally friendly: Real nappies contain biodegradable nappy liners which can be easily flushed down the toilet.
- Cost effective They are cheaper than disposables, saving you on average £500 per baby (includes washing costs.) We also offer a free £54 voucher for all new parents towards the cost of real nappies.
Even if you don’t switch over completely, using just one real nappy in place of a disposable every day could save a staggering 730 nappies from landfill – all from just one baby
For more information visit Real Nappies for London