Regis Road Recycling and Re-use Centre
Opening times and location map
Regis Road Recycling Centre
London NW5 3EW
Location map: where to find us
Open every day 8am - 3:45pm.
The reception point for walk-in queries closed on 31 October 2011. On-site staff are available to answer questions, or contact Regis Road Recycling Centre
New materials can now be recycled at the site including:
- Plastic packaging: waxed food and drinks cartons, plastic bags, yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, plastic food trays, plastic drinks bottles and other plastic bottles such as shampoo bottles.
- Plasterboard/gypsum: gypsum blocks, virgin gypsum board cut-offs, complete boards or broken parts, gypsum ceilings, floors, walls etc. Nails and screws in the plasterboard are allowed and wallpaper, glass tissue and other wall coverings on the boards are allowed.
- Wood: please see criteria below
Compost for sale
Bags of compost are available from Regis Road Recycling Centre. The cost is £3 for a 30 litre sack.
Frequently asked questions
What general household waste will the centre take?
We take all household waste from mattresses to wood and mobile phones apart from asbestos and other similarly hazardous materials.
The items that we accept for reuse and recycling are listed below. Please ensure that you separate as much of your waste as possible for recycling and re-use before you reach the site.
What materials do you accept for recycling and/or re-use?
- aerosol cans - steel and aluminium
- aluminium foil
- batteries - household and car
- cartons - (wax-lined, poly-lined and foil-lined cartons e.g. milk cartons, orange juice cartons, also known sometimes as Tetra Pak)
- computers - including monitors, base stations, scanner, printers
- cooking oil (residential only - no trade or commercial oil accepted)
- electrical goods - all electrical items including toasters, kettles and microwaves
- green waste
- glass (all colours)
- light bulbs - fluorescent and energy saving
- mobile phones
- motor oil
- paper including yellow pages, envelopes, phone directories
- paint - please contact the centre first before dropping paint off.
- plastics - all types of plastic food and drink bottles, plastic containers, plastic carrier bags, bottle caps. Please see plastics page for more details
- printer and toner cartridges
- steel, aluminium and aerosol cans
- textiles (clothes, shoes etc.)
- white goods (fridges, freezers, cookers, washing machine, dishwashers)
- wood (please see below for information on wood recycling)
For more information about recycling in Camden please see what can I recycle?
How do I use the centre?
If you can, separate your household rubbish before visiting the recycling centre. Ask any of our friendly staff to show you which containers to use.
Remember, any materials you put into the 'household waste' container will not be recycled and will be land filled or incinerated.
Residents can bring wood to the centre for recycling from Monday 14 December 2009. This includes only the following:
- packaging waste such as scrap pallets and packing cases
- furniture made from solid wood or 'flat pack' furniture made from board products or DIY materials
- wood from building and demolition activities
- fireboard, including Medium Density Fireboard (MDF)
- Oriented Strand Board (OSB)
- fencing - only if not treated with anything
These wood items are not accepted
- fencing if treated with creosote or any other chemicals
- telegraph poles and railway sleepers
- green waste including logs
- other building materials such as bricks, concrete,tile etc.
Please ask site staff if you are unsure if the wood material you have can be recycled or are unsure where to put it.
Can I take items from the site?
All items deposited in the containers or recycling bins at the recycling centre are the property of Camden Council and must not be removed.
Van and trade waste queries
What if I am coming by van?
If you intend to use a van* to bring your waste please call 020 7974 7133 at least 24 hours prior to visiting the site as only pre-booked vans will be allowed to tip.
You will need to bring one form of identification (ID) with you on the day, as proof that you live in the borough.
Forms of ID that are accepted:
- council tax bill
- driving licence
- utility bill
- rent agreement
- bank statement
- mobile phone bill
* Vans are defined as any vehicle without seats fitted in the back including minibuses with seats removed and crew cab type vehicles
Is trade/business waste accepted?
Under the terms of our operating licence we do not accept any form of trade or business waste. If we suspect that you are bringing trade waste to our site we will investigate you and you may be liable for prosecution.
If I accompany my builder to the site, with my building waste, will you let me in?
No, the waste remains trade waste.
Where can I take my trade/business waste?
Please contact the sites below to check availability and procedures before delivering waste. You will be charged for disposing of your waste at these sites:
Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
40 Hornsey Street
London N7 8HU
London Waste Limited
London N18 3AG
Phone: 020 8803 1322
Please note the following:
- only clinical waste - 180104 is accepted
- no hazardous waste is accepted
- you will need a waste carriers licence or exemption/waste transfer note
- you must pay by credit/debit card (name on card in attendance), or you can set up an account
I run my business from home, not from a commercial premises, does this mean my waste is trade?
Yes, the waste has been generated as a result of business activities, and not from the activities of the household.
Does the site accept asbestos?
No. If you have asbestos for removal call our household hazardous waste collection service on 020 7332 3433 to arrange for a collection.
You can also take it to Islington's Household reuse and recycling on Hornsey Street, by appointment only (see above). Asbestos must be disposed of safely so please check Islington’s website for details of how to contain and transport it.
Page last updated Mar 25, 2013 9:57 AM
Today I want to...
Apply for services
Book services online
Request services online
- On street recycling facilities
- Contact environment services
- When is my recycling and rubbish collected?
- Request/report a rubbish or recycling service
- Regis Road Recycling and Re-use Centre
- Green Camden