Green action for change
Green Action for Change is our environmental sustainability plan (2011-2020), which outlines our goals to create a low carbon and low waste borough, and to increase green actions taken by residents, businesses and schools.
The key environmental issues and challenges for the borough as set out in the plan are:
- reducing Camden's carbon emissions
- adapting to a changing climate
- improving air quality
- reducing, reusing and recycling waste
- enhancing biodiversity, improving green spaces and involvement in gardening and food growing
Green Action for Change Annual Review 2013
Our second annual review of Green Action for Change (GAfC) provides a summary of the progress that has been made in 2012/13, as well as setting out a revised action plan for 2013/14. This includes actions that we, and our borough partners, will take to help achieve our goals.
How you can help
- Get involved with community green action. Find out more on the Green Camden webpages
- Join the Camden Climate Change Alliance and commit to reducing the carbon emissions from your business
- Use the Camden Sustainable Schools Guide and find out how you can green your school
Read the plan
- download: Green Action for Change (PDF 2MB)
- download: Green Action for Change Executive Summary (PDF 500KB)
Read the annual reviews
- download: Green Action for Change Second Annual Review 2013 (PDF 1.28MB)
- download: Green Action for Change First Annual Review 2012 (PDF 3MB)
Cutting Camden's CO2 emissions by 2020
In 2010, we commissioned a study to look at ways we could achieve our commitment for a 40% borough wide carbon emission reduction by 2020. The study informed the key carbon reduction programmes in Green Action for Change, which focus on developing local heat and power networks, solid wall insulation programmes and support for residents and businesses to cut their own emissions.
- download: Cutting Camden's CO2 by 2020 - presentation (PDF 1,799KB)
- download: Cutting Camden's CO2 by 2020 - report (PDF 1,210KB)