Register a birth

Where do I register a birth?

If the birth of your baby was in the London Borough of Camden (for example in the University College Hospital or Royal Free Hospital)  you should register the birth with us:

Our online booking system is not working at present.

Please call 020 7974 4444 to book an appointment.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If the birth happened elsewhere, then you should go to the district office for that area.

I'm not sure which office to go to

I'm unable to attend the appropriate office

If it is inconvenient to come to us and the birth was within Camden, then you can make an appointment with any other register office in England and Wales. They will pass the details to us and we can record the birth and send you the birth certificates by post.

If the birth of your baby was outside the borough of Camden, you can still make an appointment with us and we will pass the details to the respective district office who will send you the birth certificates by post.

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.