It’s an exciting fortnight for lots of people in Camden, as A Level and GCSE results come out. Maybe we can help you make the most of your results? Or inspire you to the first step in a new career?
An apprenticeship can be the start of a career in a huge range of fields including IT, business, construction or the media. It can lead to a degree or a professional qualification, sometimes both. It might be the first step towards ultimately running your own business. Register with Camden Apprenticeships here and we’ll send you information about apprenticeships as they become available.
Camden Apprenticeships can support you in getting an apprenticeship if you:
- are a Camden resident or former Camden secondary school student
- are aged 16 to 24 years old
- do not have a degree or Level 4 qualification
We can offer you:
- information, advice and guidance to find out your interests and help you choose the right job
- pre and post employment support, offering recruitment advice which effectively matches your skills to the job
You can apply for as many jobs as you like!
Please use an up-to-date browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome if you have problems downloading the documents below.
Current apprenticeships for 18-24 year old Camden residents, Camden care leavers or former Camden Secondary School students:
- Camden Council’s West End Project Team is recruiting an Apprentice
Highways Technician – Deadline 9 October
Current apprenticeships open to residents in Camden and other boroughs
- (£160 – £190 per week) GP surgeries across Camden are recruiting a Apprentice Reception Admin Assistants – CITE – This role will close as soon as it is filled
Current Apprenticeships with no age restrictions:
- (£170 per week) Access Self Storage are recruiting a Customer Service Apprentices – These roles will close as soon as they are filled
Camden Council’s West End Project Team is recruiting an Apprentice Highways Technician
Camden Council’s West End Project Team is offering an opportunity to an 18 to 24 year old Camden resident or former Camden Secondary School student to become an Apprentice Highways Technician. Through the apprenticeship you will gain practical experience working for the Council whilst pursuing an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical (Level 3).
• Salary: £241 per week, rising to £268 per
week after 6 months and £296 per week after 12 months
• Hours: 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday
• Contract length: 2 years
• Apprenticeship: Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical (Level 3)
• Based: Kings Cross (with site visits to Tottenham Court Road)
• Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 9th October
• Selection day: Tuesday 11th October 2016 at10am
• Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 12th October
• Start date: October 2016
The West End Project will transform the Tottenham Court Road area, making it safer
and more attractive for residents, boosting business and creating new public spaces.
This apprenticeship is a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced engineers
on this fantastic project while gaining experience and working towards an Advanced
Apprenticeship in Construction Technical. The role and the qualification will
involve highways engineering design and project management rather than the practical
side of construction.
Applicants must have a GCSE A*- C in English and Maths OR a relevant Level 2 or 3 construction related subject such as Intermediate or Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Building, Construction Civil Engineering or Construction Specialist.
- Download: Apprentice Highways Technician job advert (PDF)
- Download: Apprentice Highways Technician job description (PDF)
- Download: Camden Apprenticeships CV Form (Word)
Please send your completed CV form along with a covering email explaining why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading ‘West End Project Team’ by midnight on Sunday 9th October.
Access Self Storage Ltd is one of the UK’s leading self storage businesses. Self storage is a rapidly growing industry, experiencing phenomenal growth and resilience, even through recession. Currently, Access Self Storage Ltd has stores in 56 locations, from Southampton in the South to Manchester in the North, with the concentration in and around London. There are 5-6 vacancies.
• Salary: £170 per week
• Hours: 40 hours per week
• Contract length: 12 months
• Apprenticeship: Level 2 in Customer Service
• Based: Multiple locations
• Closing date for applications: These roles will close as soon as they have been filled.
Read the vacancy description carefully. Then send your CV along with a covering letter or email demonstrating your suitability for the role to email@example.com as soon as possible. Please ensure you use the subject heading ‘Access Self Storage’ in your email subject title heading.
GP surgeries across Camden and Islington CITE are recruiting Reception Administrative Assistants Apprentice
As Apprentice Receptionist at the GP Surgery you will be the first point of contact, ensuring that all visitors receive a warm welcome and excellent service. Also, you will assist the team in administrative functions to support the running of the Practice and contribute to patient care. The opportunity will give you an insight into business and administration role within NHS sector with long term prospects.
• Salary: £160 – £190 per week
• Hours: 40 hours per week
• Contract length: 12 months
• Apprenticeship: Intermediate NVQ (Level 2 – Business Administration)
• Based: Camden and other Locations
• Closing date for applications: This role will close as soon as it’s filled.
• Interview start date: ASAP
• Possible start date: ASAP
Most apprentices who complete this course successfully are offered permanent positions with the same employer – often studying for Level Business Administration qualifications as well as Functional Skills qualification in English and Math’s (but if you have a recent GCSE in these subjects you can skip these parts of the course).
Read the vacancy description carefully. Then send your CV along with a covering letter or email demonstrating your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please ensure you use the subject heading ‘Apprentice Reception Admin Assistant’ in your email subject title heading. Please note this is a CITE vacancy and Camden Apprenticeship Team are advertising the role
You can find more apprenticeship information and search for vacancies at:
To register for updates email Camden Apprenticeships email@example.com
Job searching and application support
- For residents aged 16 to 19 please contact Connexions
- For residents aged between 20 and 24, please contact West Euston Partnership
Email Camden Apprenticeships:
Additional Apprenticeship Assessment days on offer
For your chance to be considered for a range of apprenticeships, prove your potential at weekly assessment days. Successful applicants will be put forward for interviews with employers based on their career preferences.
Please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
to book a place for the next session.
Want some extra help to get through the recruitment process?
If you are 18 to 24 years old, you can be put in touch with a mentor who can help with application forms, interview preparation, help in improving your literacy and numeracy skills, or any other support you might need in accessing an apprenticeship. All you need to do is call 020 7974 6474 (Ray) or 020 7974 8778 (Joanne) and tell us you would like a mentor – we will arrange the rest.
Additional Support Services in Camden
If you require information on who and where to go for help with benefits, housing, money management or health and wellbeing advice please download our information leaflet.