How can we Help You


Skip licences

Summary  /  Application evaluation process  /  How long does it take?  /  Application fee  /  How do I apply?  /  Contact us  /  Trade associations  /  Public register


It is a compulsory requirement that only the skip company can make the application for both the skip licence and the parking suspension. Applications from individuals, residents and agents will not be accepted.

  • Applicants must apply for a parking bay suspension for the duration the skip is on-street at a cost of £26.52 per day plus an administration fee of £61.29.
  • Applicants must purchase a skip licence for a minimum of two weeks at £42.44 or maximum of four weeks at £74.26, despite how long the skip will be required for.
  • All skips licence and parking suspension applications must be received 5 working days prior to the start date of the skip licence/suspension. This will accommodate a 2 day advanced warning period for the parking suspension and a 3 day processing period

Working in Camden over the Christmas period 2014 to 2015

Due to the Christmas period please can all Works Promoters make sure no planned works take place in Camden during the following periods for each of the areas below:

• Principal roads with major commercial centres. For example, but not limited to, Camden High Street, Chalk Farm Road, Kentish Town Road, Heath Street, Hampstead High Street, Parkway, Highgate High Street, Tottenham Court Road, New Oxford Street, Southampton Row, Kingsway, High Holborn, & Shaftesbury Avenue:

Works must not take place from Monday1st December 2014 until Sunday 11thJanuary 2015.

• Non commercial principle roads and other major routes and all streets south of Euston Road:

Works must not take place from Monday 8th December 2014 until Sunday 4thJanuary 2015.

• Any other residential streets, mews etc:

Works must not take place from Monday 15thDecember 2014 until Thursday 2nd January 2015.

The above directive shall not apply to those works defined as “Immediate Works” within the Code of Practice for the Co-ordination of Street works and Works for Road Purposes and Related Matters Chapter 8.2.3.Permit Applications that cover this period may have variations imposed. Please consider the above dates before making applications as this will save time for all sides requesting and sending variations.Please inform the London Borough of Camden of any period where your company closes during the Christmas period. 

If you should need any more assistance, please do not hesitate to email network management

Apply for a skip licence

Skip companies must obtain a permit to place a builder's skip on a public road from us. We issue permits for skips under the Highways Act 1980.

All skip licences purchased must be accompanied by a corresponding parking bay suspension. The parking suspension must cover the number of days for which the skip will remain on-street. Please note that although you are required to purchase a two or four  week skip licence, you are only required to suspend the parking space for the exact number of days, for which, the skip will be on-street.

Skips can easily cause damage to the footway. To protect the integrity of the highway we will only give permission to place skips on roads.

Only under exceptional circumstance would we allow skips larger that eight cubic yard (a standard builders’ skip) as this is around the same size a standard parking space.

Page last updated Nov 19, 2014 11:27 AM

Today I want to...

  • Apply

    Apply for services

  • Pay

    Make payments online

  • Report

    Report online

  • Request

    Request services online

Related Information

Bookmark & Share